Face cleansers are a broad category that can be broken down into two major categories: non-foaming. Non-foaming cleansers work by stripping the surface oils that coat your skin. This leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean. Foam facial cleansers, on the other hand, scrub the skin to remove dirt and grime, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth. Cleansers, therefore, are not only used to remove makeup, but also to clean and disinfect your face and neck before applying makeup.
There are two main types of face cleansers. Chemical cleaners or detergents can remove excess oils from your skin. These types of facial cleansers are available in both liquid and gel form. Liquid detergents are those that are used in the shower. These come in a variety of different strengths and are best for removing mild to moderate oiliness. Gels are applied directly to the skin for maximum penetration. They are gentle enough to use with sensitive skin.
Depending on the type of skin you have, facial cleansers should not contain chlorine, fragrance, or petrolatum. It is best to avoid chemical ingredients and find a cleanser that contains naturally occurring ingredients. This is especially true for dry skin types since they will need to add moisturizers to the skin to prevent dryness. Natural ingredients are considered to be gentler, but for the most part, a water-based cleanser will do the trick for most skin types.
To guide you properly, here are the types of facial cleanser and the best skin type they can be used.
- Gel cleanser is produced from liquid waxes, which are substances that keep the skin moisturized and protect it from damage. One of the greatest advantages of using a gel toner is that it can be applied directly to the skin without causing irritation. This can help you to get the maximum effect from the product as it is not necessary to use it after cleansing.
- Cream cleanser is the best product to use on the skin since it has ingredients that can combat the common problems of the skin like dirt, oil and makeup. There are many products that can be used and these include the cleansers that are for the hands or the bath. To be able to spot the right cream facial cleanser, you should see how much of an effect the ingredients have on the skin’s appearance.
- Foam cleansers are the best cleansers for the fact that you can find because they do a couple of different things for you. They remove the dirt and grime that are trapped beneath your skin so that it appears clear and fresh. They also clean your face by removing the oil and makeup that are on it.
- Oil cleanser is not soap at all, it is a combination of ingredients that work together to clean and moisturize your skin. Using an oil facial cleanser will help to nourish and renew your skin. Oil facial cleanser does is it is not only used as a cleanser, but also as a toner. It is very effective for removing any makeup and impurities from your skin.
- Clay cleanser that is considered to be the most effective. With a clay facial cleanser for your skin feels smoother and softer. The clay acts as a foaming agent and cleans your skin more effectively than other cleansing agents. Also it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals that can harm your skin. You will find that once you use a clay facial cleanser, you will see a reduction in acne as well as wrinkles.
- Micellar Cleanser is very safe and effective in keeping your skin cleansed and clear. This is also very helpful in improving the health of your skin, thus it is a good ingredient to consider. It is made up of herbal oils and extracts that help in removing dirt and debris from the skin. These are also an effective way of killing harmful bacteria and preventing their infection.
- Powder cleanser is an essential ingredient in any skin care regimen. It is formulated to remove dirt and grime from the surface of the skin. An ideal time to introduce powder to your regimen is during nighttime cleansing, or at the end of a meal, when you are in the process of rinsing off the foodstuff. You can use a soft cotton-like cloth to dab the powder onto your face. Apply, to the areas that need cleaning or before going to bed.
- Bar cleanser is made of ingredients that are relatively mild and gentle on the skin. It helps to remove dirt and grime from the surface of the skin. Many facial cleansers contain ingredients that are derived from animal sources such as wool. The skin is naturally dry, therefore, the wool extract is used to moisturize the skin. It is believed that this works for the skin because the dirt gets absorbed into the moisturizer.